In full transparency here, I was never educated about the concept of funnels. Not until I went to HubSpot University did I learn that a funnel is that thing every business needs for list building and lead generation. Well, I’m a core public relations professional, and we never worked in funnels. Until now. As a blended digital marketer, I need to understand that the content I create needs to be purposeful.
John Gregory Olson and I are trying to do just that. It’s part of the master plan for The Heart of Marketing brand (and podcast). The podcast can be considered a lead magnet to invite people into our funnel, which is pretty non-existent. The point is, we’re talking about it, and we’re sharing our experiences with you in real time. On this show, in particular, we are brainstorming IRL (in real life). You can hear more about the concept of funnels and then align it to your business.
Key Takeaways From Episode 039
This episode is a real-time case study as we look at:
- funnel creation and the steps one needs throughout a funnel path
- lead magnets,
- what could be written to bring people into the funnel, and
- best resources to help people understand more about digital marketing funnels.
Show notes and resources
- Amy Porterfield a successful digital marketer with a robust funnel that works
- Jon Loomer, an advanced Facebook marketing expert with a 72-page e-book as his top-of-the-funnel giveaway
- Gini Dietrich, creator of Spin Sucks Pro, with her own case study of online marketing
- LinkedIn Look Up, a new app that allows people inside companies to look up peers who work at the same company
- LeadPages, the most popular tool to generate landing pages for funnels
- Marketing Profs, SEO School
- Message Mapping ebook, free