This episode is so much fun, seriously. We welcome Jenn Herman who is a self-professed and proven Instagram expert. She rocks it with power tips for John Gregory Olson (my co-host who bangs it up being the newbie) and everyone listening. In fact, secret coming, when I listened to the episode for the first time, I started immediately implementing Jenn’s tips whilst listening. Nope, not supposed to multi-task, but who can resist when Jenn has so much to say that’s relevant?
One thing is for sure, Jenn is right when she says that not every channel is right for every business. But, if you’ve not given Instagram a chance, you might follow Jenns_Trends and see how she does it. She does agree that consumer product companies have it a bit easier, but there are creative ways as a service business to fire up Instagram for you brand, too.
I bet there are something like 25 tips in this episode? I am going to listen twice for sure so I catch them all.
Instagram Power Tips
Here’s what you can listen for, courtesy of Jenn Herman!
- Hashtags are all the rage on Instagram; do you know how many you get and what you should do with them?
- How many clickable links do you get in an Instagram profile/bio? If it’s just a few, then how do you manage traffic pointing to a blog or website? Double-N Jenn knows!
- What is the interval of time you should space images on your channel? What happens if you uploaded 65 in one hour? LOL, someone did this, and Jenn will let you know what happened to that company!
- Of all the channels, which is pretty darn fun? Listen to what Jenn has to say about being a bit quirky.
- Do you think product companies have an advantage on Instagram? Not so fast, says Jenn, if you’re clever you might launch some great images for a service business.
- There is a rule on Instgram about memes and quotes, and you should know all about it before you inundate your stream with all of that. I myself am a tad overwhelmed with quotes, and Jenn offers guidance for the record!
If you have any questions for Jenn, please add them to the comment section. Or, you can go directly to the expert Instagrammer who, BTW, has sat as an expert witness in a trial about Instagram!! How cool is that?
Show notes and resources
Buy the Book!
The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Instagram