We all know who wanted this topic, right? John Gregory Olson is a man who shaves, and having to spend too much money on a daily necessity is a craw in the neck! This episode is all about men’s hygiene, a huge personal category that has some upstarts knocking out the biggest players.
John talks all around this issue of razor blades. Mostly, he speaks about this malcontent with Gillette, the category leader.
On the other hand, I sit back and joke around with John in my typical teasing fashion because who doesn’t want to poke some fun at a guy who gets upset about his razor?
In this episode, you will learn:
- How a stodgy old brand sitting on its throne without a care for the new online subscription model is in a bit of trouble
- How a category newcomer eroded market share razor by razor for the biggest players
- The public relations opportunities for stories and content marketing around data analytics and customer behavior
- More about the subscription economy and how you might jumpstart your brand in that realm
- Tips on working with a massive subscriber base ala the size of the Dollar Shave Club
Show Notes and Resources